The International Consortium for Communication in Health Care (IC4CH), comprised of member organisations from around the world, brings together an interdisciplinary group of international leaders in the field of healthcare communication. It aims to conduct evidence-based research that will lead to a better understanding of the role of communication in a wide range of healthcare contexts. In doing so, the IC4CH will deliver ground-breaking translational research that will improve the quality and effectiveness of healthcare delivery around the world.
The purpose of IC4CH is to:
- connect IC4CH researchers, educators, clinicians and centres, nationally and internationally;
- constitute a professional network for the circulation of information about healthcare communication research, education, and practice;
- promote relationships with healthcare institutions and sector representative bodies in the wider community;
- advocate for the importance of healthcare communication research, education, and practice inside and outside the university system and in the media, and
- translate research findings to healthcare training and practice
Currently, member organisations include the Australian National University (ANU), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), and the University of Hong Kong (HKU).