Registration is now open for the 2021 CoEDL Summer Masterclasses. Full information about the schedule and presenters is available here; registration is through the ALS conference page.
The online classes run from 10 – 11 December, following the ALS Conference. A mix of hands-on and theoretical sessions are on offer, showcasing some of the work CoEDL has enabled.
- Computational methods for linguistic typology – Carroll
- How to start collecting child language acquisition data and what to do with it – Davidson, Defina, Kelly & Kidd
- Transcription acceleration with Elpis – Foley, Lambourne & Low
- Information theory and human language – Mansfield & Kemp
- Evolutionary modelling of population-level language variation and change – Meakins, Bromham & Hua
- Phrase-based language learning resource creation and documentation with the Listen N Talk app – Richards & Jones
- Documenting multilingual contexts: working with communities to analyse multilingual practices and language ideologies – Singer & Vaughan
- Studying variation and change in spontaneous speech corpora – Travis & Purser
Access to the Masterclasses is included in ALS registration or can be purchased individually at $10 per class. Places are limited, so register soon!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or wish to be placed on a waitlist for a filled session.